Nested helps you decide if buying a home is the right choice for you. The guide is comprehensive and unbiased. The purpose of Nested is not to convince you to purchase, but to support you through the decision making process. Its goal is to empower you to think about the possibility of owning your own home.
Nested is made up of several core and optional modules. Throughout, you'll have the chance to learn from professionals who will help you understand the home buying process. There will also be short activities or self-reflection questions. To get the most out of this course, you should take the time to complete these at your own pace. You might need to step away from your computer to think, or to review your personal finances, before answering them. By the end, you will have the knowledge and tools needed to successfully travel the home-buying process from start to end.
- Understand the basic costs of owning a home
- Be familiar with different types of homes, and homeownerships
- Gain insight into your current financial situation
- Begin to decide if homeownership is the right choice at this time
- Learn what a mortgage is
- Explore the different kinds of mortgages
- Understand how interests rates affect your costs
- Develop ideas on how to improve your chances of getting approved for a mortgage
- Understand the role of key professionals
- Learn the right questions to ask.
- Gain insight on how to find the right pros
- Develop a clear picture of the purchasing process
- Determine what kind of home is right for you
- Talk about needs vs. wants, and create your own checklist
- Create a 'next steps' plan
- Learn to troubleshoot common problems that could occur